Data Centre Security Officer
Chessington, England, United Kingdom£12.02 per hourSecurity
Workrate Security is recruiting a Data Centre Security Officer to join a well-established security team deployed at a prestige client in Chessington.
The most important part of this role is leading a team of officers in a high-profile security environment. The role requires the use of a computer-based access control system and a digital ticketing system that records security events. Full training will be provided for both, but you need to have good basic computer skills.
We are looking for people who can provide an exceptional customer experience, as well as an exceptional security service.
What we offer you
- An excellent rate of pay
- Work pattern 4 Days on, 4 days off (42 hrs average per week)
- Life assurance scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Access to an industry leading Employee Benefits Platform offering lifestyle savings and discounts on most high street retailers
- A Reward and Recognition programme
- The opportunity to develop your security career with access to training and development programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme that provides a health and wellbeing support service
- As an employer of choice, we focus on wellbeing, training, and career progression - our Supervisors, Account Managers and Operations Managers are all long-term Workraters who progressed from within
WORKRATE is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
The successful candidates will have a smart appearance with exceptional communication and customer service skills. Previous experience in manned guarding in a corporate environment is essential. Experience within a data centre environment is preferred but not essential.
Other requirements are:
- Valid SIA licence
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (this will be tested during interview)
- Availability to work both night and day shifts (shifts run 07.00 to 19.00 and 19.00 to 07.00)
- Effective oral and written communication skills (this will be tested during interview)
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Excellent attention to detail
- A 5 year checkable work/ education history is imperative. All successful candidates are subject to BS7858 security clearance. (Same as the vetting required for a SIA licence).