Data Centre Security Officer (Crawley)
Workrate Security is recruiting Security Officers to join a security team deployed at one of its data centre contract locations in Crawley, Surrey with a very good rate of pay (£10.98/hr) and onsite parking for the right candidate..
The most important part of this role is operating and enforcing strict access control procedures in a high security environment. It requires the use of a computer based access control system and a digital ticketing system that records security events. Full training will be provided for both but please confirm that you have good basic computer skills in order to operate these systems.
Other responsibilities include:
- To be an ambassador for Workrate Security and our customer
- Providing a high level of customer service
- Working as part of a team
- Must present themselves in a courteous and presentable manner
- Security report writing
- Ensuring the safety and security of our clients’ buildings and assets
- The ability to carry out security duties as specified, including access control, patrols, monitoring CCTV etc
The successful candidates will have a smart appearance with exceptional communication & customer service skills. Previous experience in manned guarding in a corporate environment is essential. Experience within a data centre environment is preferred but not essential.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for people with
- A checkable personal history including periods of education, employment, travel, and unemployment
- A minimum of 2 years demonstrable experience in a similar operational management role in the security industry.
- A frontline Security Industry Authority (SIA) Licence is required for the role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interacting both internally and externally
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to successfully manage a team
- Track record of working in a fast paced and demanding environment
What we can offer you
- An excellent rate of pay
- Free onsite parking
- Work pattern is normally 4 on, 4 off days and nights
- Life assurance scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Access to an industry leading Employee Benefits Platform offering lifestyle savings and discounts on most high street retailers, a Reward and Recognition programme
- The opportunity to develop your security career with access to training and development programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme that provides a health and wellbeing support service
- As an employer of choice, we focus on wellbeing, training, and career progression
- Employee Referral Scheme of £250 for each new employee you refer who successfully completes 3 months probation
WORKRATE is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.