Data Centre Security Officer (London Docklands)
Following successful recruitment we have only one position available for the right person and we are currently recruiting for a high calibre Security Officer to join a diverse security team deployed across a portfolio of data centres in London.
This is a high profile role operating and enforcing strict access control procedures in a high security environment, requiring the use of a computer based access control system and a digital ticketing system that records security events. Full training will be provided for both but please confirm that you have good basic computer skills in order to operate these systems.
Other responsibilities include:
- To be an ambassador for Workrate Security and our customer
- Providing a high level of customer service
- Working as part of a team
- Courteous and well presented with an assertive yet respectful manner
- Security incident report writing as required
- Ensuring the safety and security of our clients’ buildings and assets
- The ability to carry out security duties as specified, including access control, Health and Safety patrols, monitoring CCTV etc
The successful candidates will have a smart appearance with exceptional communication & customer service skills which is reflected in the rate of pay on offer (£12.54/hr). on a four on, four off rota pattern with overtime available. Previous experience in manned guarding in a corporate environment is essential. Experience within a data centre environment is preferred but not essential.
Other requirements are:
- Valid SIA licence
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (we will be testing this skill in the interview process)
- Availability to work both night and day shifts (shifts run 07.00 to 19.00 and 19.00 to 07.00)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Excellent attention to detail
- A clear 5 year checkable work/ education history is therefore imperative. All successful candidates are subject to BS7858 security clearance
What we can offer you
- An excellent rate of pay
- Free onsite parking
- Work pattern is normally Monday to Friday, 60 hours a week
- Life assurance scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Access to an industry leading Employee Benefits Platform offering lifestyle savings and discounts on most high street retailers, a Reward and Recognition programme
- The opportunity to develop your security career with access to training and development programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme that provides a health and wellbeing support service
- As an employer of choice, we focus on wellbeing, training, and career progression
- Employee Referral Scheme of £250 for each new employee you refer who successfully completes 3 months probation
- £250 personal bonus upon successful completion of 3 months probation
In order to be considered for this role you must be able to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK..
Workrate do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.