Hoddesdon, England, United Kingdom£11 per hourSecurity
Workrate Security is currently recruiting for a Security Officer to join a well-established security team deployed at its data centre contract location in Hoddesden with a very good rate of pay (£11/hr) and onsite parking for the right candidate.
The most important part of this role is operating and enforcing strict access control procedures in a high security environment. It requires the use of a computer based access control system. Full training will be provided for both but please confirm that you have good basic computer skills in order to operate these systems.
Other responsibilities include:
- To be an ambassador for Workrate Security and our customer
- Providing a high level of customer service
- Working as part of a team
- Must present themselves in a courteous and presentable manner
- Security report writing
- Ensuring the safety and security of our clients’ buildings and assets
- The ability to carry out security duties as specified, including access control, patrols, monitoring CCTV etc
The successful candidate will have a smart appearance with exceptional communication & customer service skills. Previous experience in a manned guarding environment is essential. Experience within a data centre environment is preferred but not essential.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for people with
- A checkable personal history including periods of education, employment, travel, and unemployment
- A minimum of 2 years demonstrable experience in the security industry.
- A frontline Security Industry Authority (SIA) Licence is required for the role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interacting both internally and externally.
- A good level of English language ability (verbal and written). This will be tested at interview.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Track record of working in a fast paced and demanding environment
What we can offer you
- An excellent rate of pay
- Free onsite parking
- Flexible Work pattern with dayshifts and nightshifts
- Life assurance scheme
- Pension Scheme
- The opportunity to develop your security career with access to training and development programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme that provides a health and wellbeing support service
- As an employer of choice, we focus on wellbeing, training, and career progression
- Employee Referral Scheme of £250 for each new employee you refer who successfully completes 3 months probation
WORKRATE is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.