Weekend Security Officer (London Docklands)
Workrate Security is recruiting a dedicated Weekend Security Officer to join a security team deployed within its portfolio of data centre locations in London Docklands and London.
The most important part of this role is operating and enforcing strict access control procedures in a high security environment. It requires the use of a computer based access control system and a digital ticketing system that records security events. Full training will be provided for both but please confirm that you have good basic computer skills in order to operate these systems.
Other responsibilities include:
- To be an ambassador for Workrate Security and our customer
- Providing a high level of customer service
- Working as part of a team
- Must present themselves in a courteous and presentable manner
- Security report writing
- Ensuring the safety and security of our clients’ buildings and assets
- The ability to carry out security duties as specified, including access control, patrols, monitoring CCTV etc
- Pay-rate £11.20hr
The successful candidates will have a smart appearance with exceptional communication & customer service skills. Previous experience in manned guarding in a corporate environment is essential. Experience within a data centre environment is preferred but not essential.
Other requirements are:
- Valid SIA licence
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (we will be testing this skill in the interview process)
- Availability to work day shifts on Saturday and Sunday (shifts run 07.00 to 19.00)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Excellent attention to detail
- A clear 5 year checkable work/ education history is therefore imperative. All successful candidates are subject to BS7858 security clearance.